Resources Outside of WSU
- Mama PhD a blog run by Inside Higher Ed for mothers attempting to balance parenthood and academics!
- WA State Personnel
- Statistics on personnel working for the state of Washington.
- WSU Personnel Salaries for 2007
- CAUTION!! Viewing this PDF file may be hazardous to your
health. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery immediately after
viewing this page. May cause anxiety, anger, depression,
headaches, or gastrointestinal problems.
- Trower and Gallagher, A Call for Clarity
- The first in a series on what assistant professors want and need to be successful in academe, from The Chronicle of Higher Education, September 2008
- Fixing the System - Not the Women: An Innovative Approach to Faculty Advancement - A paper from Journal of Women's Health on how the Univerisity of Illinois transformed their departmental policies to support the advancement of women faculty.
- Work Life Policies at the Top Ten Medical Schools - A paper from Journal of Women's Health, 2008, on how the Top 10 Medical schools handle different work-life policies for faculty.
- Why So Slow?; The Advancement of Women, by Virginia Valain. Jean Johnson says "It is written by a psychologist and she particularly
tackles academia." Jean says it should be REQUIRED reading! WSU Library holding
- Athena - our counterpart at the University of Idaho
Committee on Faculty Women - U. of WA
Faculty Women in Science at MIT - PDF Report
Climate for Women Faculty in Academe - References and links
of Interest to Junior Faculty - PDF from the Center
for the Education of Women, Univ. of Mich -
many of the references are in the WSU Libraries