Each University unit is to install and maintain a safety bulletin board in an appropriate central location, such as a break room or near the main entrance.
Unit administrators in coordination with the unit safety committee or unit safety committee representative ensure that the required materials are posted on the unit's safety bulletin board.
Departmental personnel responsible for the bulletin board are to designate and reserve a specific safety bulletin board or portion of an existing board large enough to accommodate required and educational safety material, such as:
- Required posters
- Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) newsletters
- Health and safety awareness observances
- Optional posters
- Safety committee meeting minutes
- SPPM Revision Memos
The five items listed below are required by the state and must always be posted on the bulletin board:
- Notice to Employees--If a Job Injury Occurs
- Job Safety and Health Protection
- Your Rights as a Non-Agricultural Worker
- Your Rights as an Agricultural Worker
Contact EH&S to obtain free copies of any required poster; telephone 335-3041.
- OSHA 300 Summary
The OSHA 300 Summary is a state-required annual summary of University work-related injuries and illnesses. EH&S sends the summary to departmental safety committees each January for posting. For assistance, contact EH&S; telephone 335-3041.