Free Tuition for Web Developer
Maintenance, Development, and Design
at Washington State University has an opening for two internships
to assist in the daily operations of Marketing Communication's Web
effort. The person selected will receive valuable hands-on experience
and be treated as a member of the staff. The highest expectations
of professional conduct and effort apply.
develops and maintains various University Web sites in support of
three goals: improving internal communications and building a shared
commitment to excellence among faculty, staff, and students; increasing
the number of high ability students who choose WSU; and improving
WSU's image statewide. The department's Web responsibilities cover
a wide variety of sites including the five doorways of the University:
future students, current students, faculty and staff, alumni/donors,
- 2003 Fall semester, with option for scholarship
renewal at the completion of each semester following
- 2013 Information Technology Building
- 12-15 hours per week. Times are flexible, within
- Full tuition scholarship. NOTE: You
do not need to qualify for financial aid to
receive this scholarship.
However, if you already receive financial aid, this
scholarship will be considered to be part of your
now being accepted, continuing until position is filled.
- Junior-level or higher standing preferred. Graduate
- Strong background in graphics, electronic imaging,
Web page development. Programming skills are a plus.
- Must be comfortable working with PC's in a Windows
environment. Must be proficient in the use of Photoshop.
Knowledge of Dreamweaver is preferred.
- Experience required in digital image creation and
preparation, Web page development and publishing for
- Must be dependable, creative, and energetic.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines for projects.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Demonstrated high level of maturity, responsibility,
and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and positive manner
- Able to work in team environment
Reports to the Web design manager. This position includes:
- assisting in the maintenance of Web sites, posting
corrections, updates, images, etc., creation of online
graphic images, some Web page development and design
of Web pages, possibility of programming and database
- assisting with the operation of Marketing Communications
programs, services and tasks as needed.
more information, or to apply, please contact
- Nicole Wood, Marketing Communications, from 8 a.m.-3
p.m., Monday-Friday at 509/335-4978, firstname.lastname@example.org.