Travel Services

Corporate VISA Travel Accounts

JP Morgan Chase (VISA) provides two types of corporate travel accounts to Washington State University:


The WSU Travel Charge Card is a personal liability Visa card issued to WSU employees to be used for payment of expense incurred while traveling on behalf of WSU.

Allowable Purchases

  • Lodging
  • Meals
  • Rental Cars
  • Airfare

Prohibited Purchases Include

  • Personal Items
  • Non-Official Travel Related Items (Room service, alcoholic purchases, etc…)
  • Non-Business Related Telephone Calls

Benefits and Features

  • The card is accepted at more than 16 million merchants worldwide.
  • Eliminates the need to use a personal credit card for business travel freeing up personal credit and credit limits.
  • $500,000 common carrier insurance.
  • $1250 lost or stolen luggage insurance.
  • $1000 hotel/motel theft insurance.
  • Collision damage insurance up to the full value of the rental car.
  • No annual fee.
  • If reimbursement is occasionally delayed, up to 60 days to pay the account balance in full without delinquency or interest charges.
  • Non-invasive promotional credit assessment. (Inquiry not reflected on personal credit records.) Personal credit is not affected by normal use and timely payment of WSU Visa Travel Card.


Faculty, staff, and students must be in "active" status on the WSU payroll and expect to take at least one business trip per year.

Complete the Corporate Travel Card Application.

  • Enter your data in the application online.
  • Print the completed form.
  • Sign it.
  • Mail or fax the completed application to the Purchasing Office, Zip 1020 or fax (509) 335-7765.
  • Receipt: traveler will be contacted within 2-3 weeks for card pick-up.

Rules For Use

  • The individual account can be used only for Washington State University business related travel expenses, meals, registrations, hotels, car rentals, taxis and so forth. The card is NOT to be used for personal use.
  • The individual cardholder is personally responsible for paying all charges on the card.
  • Monthly statement charges are due in full by the next billing statement. The account is not a revolving credit account. It does not permit partial payment.
  • The Social Security number is required to obtain a card.
  • In the event WSU elects to contract with a different card vendor, all information provided to the old vendor by cardholders including social security number will be transferred to the new vendor confidentially using secure methods.
  • Upon termination of WSU employment, the card must be returned to the Travel Card Administrator and the balance paid in full.

Lost/Stolen Card

Call VISA at 1-800-270-7760 and report it immediately.

Credit Limits

Everyone has a credit limit/line on their card. The credit line varies based on an individual's credit assessment. There are three credit lines: $5000, $3500, & $1500. The credit line is a limit for ALL categories of purchases including retail. When this initial limit is reached an automatic override "kicks in" for an additional 200% or 300% for strictly travel and what the industry calls "entertainment charges" (T&E). Travel charges consist of airline, hotel/motel, automobile rental, rail, taxi, etc. "Entertainment" charges consist mainly of restaurants and other eating establishments.

Credit Line + T&E Override = Total Travel Limit Available
$5000   $10000   $15000
$3500   $7000   $10500
$1500   $4500   $6000

Early Reimbursement

Because you may charge emergency airfare and registration well in advance of a trip, you will need to pay the VISA bill with those charges before you leave. In this situation you may be reimbursed early. For early reimbursement:

  • Prepare a travel expense voucher (TEV or invoice voucher) for the conference registration fees and/or the airfare.
  • Attach the registration receipt, travel agency receipt, or other proof of charge to the TEV.
  • Send the TEV or invoice voucher and attachments to the Travel Office.
  • You receive a check.
  • Prepare a second TEV when you return.
  • Reference this early reimbursement.
  • Include any remaining expenses from your trip.


Travel Services , PO Box 641025, Washington State University, Pullman WA 99164-1025, 509-335-2034, Contact Us