How to Purchase Airfare
Departments using a CTA must purchase airfare one of two ways.
- Using a State Approved Travel Agency
- Send a memo to the agency
- Include in the memo the account number and a list of 3 people authorized to make purchases using that account number
- Directly with the Airline
***Departments cannot use services such as Cheaptickets, Expedia, or Priceline.***
Who is authorized to use a CTA account?
Only employees listed on the Application Memo to Purchasing Services are allowed to make purchase using a departmental CTA Account.
Any transaction other than air, rail or bus fares.
Reconciliation and Log-Sheets
Department are required to reconcile all transactions on-line and maintain a log of all transactions made using a CTA account.
- Departments must notify Travel if any contact information changes
- Departments are responsible to notify Travel Agency of any authorized personal changes.
- Departments are responsible to maintain complete records
- Who is authorized to use the CTA
- Completed log sheet and supporting documents
- Current contact information
- Departments are responsible for timely on-line reconciliation